Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The first day...



I didn't get a chance to see much competitive basketball today. By the time I got off work, the Blazers/Lakers game was all but over (and I started watching at the half). So the one good game of the day turned out to be a bust. A disappointing way to start the season to say the least.

Anyway here are my uneducated thoughts on tonight's games:

Cleveland vs. Boston - I can not think of a less intriguing game to start off the season with. Apparently Paul Pierce cried during the banner raising at the beginning. All I know is that the game was close but not really that close based on watching the final 5 minutes of the game on Gamecast.

Milwaukee vs. Chicago
- Derrick Rose scored 11, had 9 assists, and brought in 4 rebounds. Nothing else in this game was of consequence.

Portland vs. the Lakers - The game I thought would be great but wasn't. Lamar Odom made an ok pass to Sasha Vujacic at one point, the only problem being that Vujacic was on the bench. Greg Oden also hurt his foot. Again. This is extremely distressing and really the only thing that may matter about this game.

So there it is, the first day of the 2008-2009 NBA season. Nothing deserving of rejoicing. I pray for a good game before Christmas.

No comments: